All About the WordPress Maintenance Mode
If you have a WordPress website, it is imperative that you learn about the WordPress maintenance mode and how you can make use of it. You may already know why WordPress maintenance is necessary. If you don’t, just think of it as the vitamins that will keep your website healthy and running properly.
And if you are doing maintenance on your WordPress website, you should know that it should be on maintenance mode.
But what exactly is the WordPress maintenance mode? Let this article help you find out.
What is WordPress Maintenance?
The WordPress maintenance mode is a state that you can place your website in should you start your regular maintenance or do repairs or changes on it. Every WordPress maintenance company stresses the importance of putting your website on maintenance mode during maintenance tasks.
And to help you understand better, here are some reasons for putting your WordPress site on maintenance mode if you wish to make certain changes on it.
- It lets you display a notice that informs visitors of maintenance work instead of showing a broken website.
- It lets you do your business without having your visitors think there is something wrong with your website.
- You can safely perform maintenance tasks while still giving people website access.
- It prevents visitors from closing on you and moving on to the next site, letting them anticipate the better website that’s about to come.
Knowing the importance of the WordPress maintenance mode will definitely make you use it. And you can get help with the many different WordPress maintenance packages available today.
On the other hand, you can do it yourself by choosing from the 4 methods below.
- Using the maintenance function in WordPress, which is a built-in feature that is very simple and easy to use.
- Using a custom code. This allows you to display a splash code during maintenance without having to use a plugin.
- Using the .htaccess file, which redirects visitors to a temporary homepage that you need to create first.
- Using plugins. With a better, more attractive splash page, it allows email forms and social media links to be inserted onto the page.
If you don’t want to complicate things and go the easy way, the maintenance function and plugins are definitely for you. Some plugins you can choose from are Maintenance, Under Construction and Elementor.
These are the things you need to know about WordPress maintenance mode. So, yes, it is crucial to your website and you need to learn how to use it.
Putting your website on maintenance mode may seem simple but it can be quite a challenge, especially to those who are not familiar with the whole WordPress scene. And this is why you will need WordPress expert help.
Fortunately, WordPress Maintenance Plan is here to save you. With the best and most affordable maintenance packages online, you are sure to give your website the vitamins it needs to keep going strong.
Visit WordPress Maintenance Plan today to learn more!